Community Support Program
Are you looking for a way to support our firefighters during those times when they’re out there saving our communities from the devastation that large fires can cause? If so, you’re in the right place!
By purchasing a bag from our Firefighter Go Bag Community Support Program you will be purchasing supplies for a firefighter to receive during the next campaign fire in the United States. When you purchase a firefighter go bag it is not shipped to you, but rather stored at our facility and taken to firefighters the next time a large fire happens.
Our Firefighter Go Bags were created with the input of seasoned firefighters, who didn't hold back in telling us exactly what they need when assigned to a campaign fire. So, they contain the following items to help firefighters keep up with their health, hygiene, and energy while fighting fires for days at a time.
Firefighter Go Bags contain:
For health and hygiene:
- Firewipes: Decontamination wipes to get dangerous chemicals off them and their gear. They’re also safe for hygiene purposes and for use on animals and kids.
- Gold Bond Powder: Keeps chafing to a minimum, deodorizes, and relieves itching and burning.
- Carmex Lip Balm: Tubed Carmex keeps the lip balm clean while relieving dry and chapped lips that the dry heat and smoke from a fire causes.
- Visine Eye Drops: Visine is essential in keeping the sting away so that firefighters can continue fighting the fire without the burden of struggling to see.
- Diaper Rash Cream: Chafing and rashes happen when you’re wearing firefighter gear and fighting a fire, and when it does baby’s diaper rash cream is the perfect ointment to relieve the sting and help the skin irritation heal.
- Cough Drops: Cough Drops ease the sore itchy throat being around smoke and debris causes.
- Sunscreen: For breaks when not in full gear, firefighters are often exposed to the sun and need to protect their skin as to not get a sunburn that could be irritating or painful under their gear later.
- Insect Repellent: For when firefighters find themselves able to take a break under a tree or a nap in a random place, this will keep the bugs off so they don’t end up with itchy bug bites that can be irritating under fire gear.
- Toothwipes: Dental wipes help freshen up when there aren’t other resources available in the field.
For nourishment and energy:
- Kind Bars: Whole food grain bars help with nourishment and energy between meal breaks.
- Liquid IV: Electrolyte packets to add to water help with hydration.
- Zipfizz: Powdered packets to provide vitamins, caffeine and energy in place of coffee or other caffeinated drinks.
We are so thankful to be able to offer this opportunity to our communities in support of our firefighters. All donated bags will be given as a "Gift from your community." Thank you for your support!