Firefighter Go Bags
When you're tired, hungry, dehydrated, the sun is beating down of you during the day and you're sleeping at base camp at night (if you're lucky and not sleeping in someone's backyard lawn chair) and your only job is to do this job that you love so much, of fighting a fire, you need some essential items to keep you focused and comfortable.
Our Firefighter Go Bags were created with the input of seasoned firefighters, who didn't hold back in telling us exactly what they need when assigned to a campaign fire. So, they contain the following items to help firefighters keep up with their health, hygiene, and energy while fighting fires for days at a time.
All in one convenient bag for $10 less than purchasing the same items individually.
Firefighter Go Bags contain:
For health and hygiene:
- Firewipes: Decontamination wipes to get dangerous chemicals off you and your gear. They’re also safe for hygiene purposes and for use on animals and kids.
- Gold Bond Powder: Keeps chafing to a minimum, deodorizes, and relieves itching and burning.
- Carmex Lip Balm: Tubed Carmex keeps the lip balm clean while relieving dry and chapped lips that the dry heat and smoke from a fire causes.
- Visine Eye Drops: Visine is essential in keeping the sting away so you can continue fighting the fire without the burden of struggling to see.
- Diaper Rash Cream: Chafing and rashes happen when you’re wearing firefighter gear and fighting a fire, and when it does baby’s diaper rash cream is the perfect ointment to relieve the sting and help the skin irritation heal.
- Cough Drops: Cough Drops ease the sore itchy throat being around smoke and debris causes.
- Sunscreen: For breaks when not in full gear, and you're exposed to the sun and need to protect your skin as to not get a sunburn that could be irritating or painful under their gear later.
- Insect Repellent: For when you find that you're able to take a break under a tree or a nap in a random place, this will keep the bugs off so you don’t end up with itchy bug bites that can be irritating under fire gear.
- Toothwipes: Dental wipes help freshen up when there aren’t other resources available in the field.
For nourishment and energy:
- Kind Bars: Whole food grain bars help with nourishment and energy between meal breaks.
- Liquid IV: Electrolyte packets to add to water help with hydration.
- Zipfizz: Powdered packets to provide vitamins, caffeine and energy in place of coffee or other caffeinated drinks.
Compact and stuffed full of essential heath and hygiene items - this will be a welcomed addition to your gear bag.
If you choose "Send Me a Bag" we'll ship a bag directly to you for you or the firefighter in your life.
If you choose "Donate a Bag to the Firefighter Go Bag Community Support Program" your bag be delivered by our staff to a firefighter the next time a large fire happens.
Our new Academy graduate loved the practicality and functionality of the Go Bag. The curated items and quality of the bag make it a great gift and one Id gladly give again.